Tuesday, April 15, 2014

Spiders and Worms

The other day as my husband and I were planting in our (very large) garden trying to get some plants in the ground before it started raining.  As I was putting some pepper plants in the ground, I noticed I had to keep flicking away some small spiders that kept crawling in the dirt near me.  They were small spiders, so I didn’t creep out too much but still didn’t like the idea of them being that close to me.  As the weather is getting warmer, I notice more and more bugs coming out of “hiding” and searching for food, or looking for new ways to annoy me, either way.

 As I see these creepy-crawly’s in my garden, I think about how in our lives we have “spiders and worms.”  Events and things in life do not always seem pretty or nice, but, sometimes unknown to us, have qualities that will benefit us later in life.  I’m often reminded of Romans 8:28, “For we know that all things work together for good to them that love God, to them who are the called according to His purpose.” 

 Just like those little spiders and worms in my garden, events that seem bad can have a good purpose that we may not see yet.  Those hard times we all fall on help prepare us and strengthen us so that we can grow from it and see that we are capable to doing great things as long as we have a lasting faith in God and keep our eye on the goal of Heaven (Philippians 3:14).

 ~Erin Blair

No comments:

Post a Comment