Friday, October 4, 2013

Keeping my Eyes Up

Tracy Frederick

I admit it, I am a klutz, everyone knows it and honestly, it is a tradition to joke about my inability to walk through a door without hitting the doorframe, or some such object. That means I am a “heads down” walker. I am always on the lookout, though it does me little good, of some kind of pitfall that will have me grasping for something to catch my fall, or something that I am about to knock over. I am that kind of driver too- I get distracted by the details and there have become the “Queen of the turnaround”. I reminded much lately (actually reminding myself...I do that- talk to myself) that each step is one more on the path; one more on this journey toward something else more important.  So, I have been considering my spiritual walk. I do find myself always considering the pitfalls, and while that is good, I find that it keeps my eyes away from the goal, my destination.  I admit that while looking for the littlest things that would trip me up, I have missed my opportunities for smiling at someone, giving an encouraging comment.  So, as I am considering my walk and the path, and perhaps you are the same, I realize those pitfall distractions that  could cause me to break a “spiritual leg,” can also keep me from considering those who are walking around me, beside me and never forgetting to keep my eyes searching the skies for the return of my Savior. “But now they desire a better, that is, a heavenly country. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for He has prepared a city for them.” Hebrews 11:16.
. I also admit that my kutziness embarasses me. I get tired of the teasing, even though it is true and meant in good fun. However, I hope my spritual walk isn't so kutzy. I hope when my Lord watches me take each step he is not ashamed, but sees me looking Him in the eye with each step because I know if that is my focus and my goal (Matthew 7:21), that city is just waiting without bumps and dips and such things. It will be smooth and straight.

No comments:

Post a Comment