Friday, January 4, 2013

The Weapon- The Sword

~Nancy Goring
 
Much discussion has been given recently to gun control. It's been on Facebook, the news, the papers and individuals have been wrangling back and forth over this very controversial topic. I am not going to discuss guns, but there is a weapon that I am very concerned about! That weapon would be the Sword. I truly wish that we could become as zealous of the Sword and "up in arms" over this issue. I...n Ephesians 6:17 the Lord tells us that the Sword is the Word of God. Hebrews 4:12 describes the Word of God as "sharper than a two-edged sword; able to discern." This is the greatest weapon that we have in this world. No gun, no physical weapon will ever be as powerful as the Sword of the Lord! When we understand this, we will be on our way to changing this world. Jesus stated in Matthew 26:52, "They that take the sword, shall perish with the sword." Taking a bit of liberty, here, I would like to shift the context for a moment. If we take the Sword of the Lord, the Bible, and we live by it, we shall also die with it, and by it. We will die according to its precepts and promises. That is what I think we all want - to know that with our dying breath, that we have lived for God and will die a faithful Christian as He delivers our soul to Paradise. This is the "right" of every Faithful Christian, and NO ONE can or will take away our right to go to heaven, but us. I want to think about those things that pure, and lovely and godly (Philippians 4:8) and stay focused on my vocation- to save the lost souls of mankind. So today, like every other day, I will pick up my Sword and go forth. I pray that every citizen of the kingdom of God will do the same. I love you all, but we are in a battle against the Price of evil and need all soldiers of Christ to rise to the occasion and focus on the true enemy of Christ - Satan.
 
Nancy is the wife of Bill Goring, who serves as a gospel preacher and elder for the Chipman Road church of Christ in Lee’s Summit, Missouri. She has 4 children, 11 grandchildren and has taught Bible class for over 40 years, speaks at Ladies Day gatherings and has published several books including: Behavior Becoming Holiness: Studies in Titus Chapter 2 and Overcoming our Self-Imposed Prisons.

No comments:

Post a Comment