Friday, November 2, 2012

Much is Given...

~ Tracy Frederick

I just got the fantastic news! Tears immediately began to flow and prayers of thanks were on my lips. A dear sister in Christ, who had recently learned she had cancer and then endured a surgery to attempt to remove the cancerous organs learned today that she cancer free! What a great day. I have been praying diligently for her for several reasons, not only for her family to have her longer, but she is a great worker in the Lord’s kingdom, and she has become a great Bible student. She has a great heart for the Lord and I see her diligently working to help her daughters and grandchildren go to heaven. I immediately thought- she’s been given a great blessing! As I began my prayers of thanks for allowing us to have this sweet sister longer, my thoughts turned to the voice of my Master: “…For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required: and to whom men have committed much, of him they will ask the more” Luke 12:48. 
Huh…I stopped in my tracks…..I rethought this a moment….she was given the opportunity to serve the Lord longer, but so have I. I wasn’t diagnosed with cancer, I don’t have a fatal disease, but I too was given the gift of life today. I was given a blessing of another day. Much has been given to me this day, a warm home (while some of my brothers and sisters are struggling without power in the Northeast), I have been given much food (while some are without in much of the world), I have sight (while some are without, or losing it and cannot read their Bibles), I was given hands to type this (while some suffer from arthritis and such, or have no hands to write). This list could go on and on.
Yeah, I was thinking of the blessing my dear sister was given when I read the text: 100 % cured, and immediately thought about what might be required of her. I selfishly failed to realize that I have been given so much and my Lord expects, umm….no…not expects, but REQUIRES great things from ME. Yes, much has been given, I think I’d better get busy; I have a lot to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment