Thursday, July 26, 2012

I Am that I Am...and That is Enough!

~ Tracy Frederick

It was some time ago that I caught a bit of some news program like 20/20 or some such show in which a priest was interviewed about the movie, The Passion of the Christ. He said something that really made sense and stuck with me. He said something like: those who seek a miracle have a weak faith. They continually need something to prove that God exists. You know, God said it first when He said through the inspired writer of Hebrews: “[By Faith We Understand] Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.” Hebrews 11:1. Too often we look for something to keep our faith going, some kind of supernatural phenomenon or maybe even the emotions of some new movie produced by a denominational church. Our God asks us to trust Him...to "be still, and know that I am God" Psalm 46:10. I believe that God made things this way on purpose. It kinda weeds out those who lack the stamina, or don't really trust in the Almighty, but lean on something unnecessary when all that is needed is to trust. Remember when Moses asked God for some kind of explanation that he could give to the Egyptians when asking for the release? Do you recall what God's response was? Yep.... Moses was to say" I AM that I Am... tell them I Am has sent you." Exodus 3:14. Enough said, don't you think? yep, that settles it.

No comments:

Post a Comment